This Just In! The 10 Small Business Ideas For 2010 | By Susan S. Judd
Small businesses are everywhere, but only a few actually have made it to the top. Obviously, if you are like me, you look at a small business as a sizable investment because no matter how small it is, there is still a start-up cost to pay. In this day and age, people are looking to save as much money as they can. Unfortunately, the economy isn’t what it used to be and people have had to adjust. But yet, even in these hectic times, time is till moving forward, and everyone is looking to become an entrepreneur.
Given below are the top 10 small business ideas for 2010 that are likely to grow and become very popular over the coming years:
1. Organic Cloth Diapers – The neat thing about this is that it is very simple. You can find organic cloth almost anywhere, and if you own a sewing machine and know how to sew a diaper, you are all set. Right now, people are struggling just to pay the electric bill, let alone pay for diapers. Another great thing is that people will never stop having kids, and they will also never want to stop saving money! To boot, they are contributing to a healthier environment – which is something that has become very crucial…and even trendy!
2. Working From Home Online – A business that lets you promote products, such as affiliate marketing is expected to grow enormously over the next few years. The great thing about it is that the start up cost is small, and all you need is your computer to work!
3. Offer Services From Your Own Home – If you have a designated space in your home that you could call your office, then this would be the perfect idea. Since you are into saving money, a home office is just the thing to have. Most entrepreneurs spend money on office space, which can really cut into their expenses.
4. Organic Produce – As I’m sure you have noticed, everyone is talking about the whole concept of “going green”. There have been more discoveries made about health and the benefits of living a healthy, “green” lifestyle in the past five years more than ever before. People are always looking for a way to save, and be safe also. Organic produce isn’t grown using harsh chemicals, and that is what separates it from the rest.
5. Trash Treasures – Do you have an accumulation of cans, cardboard, old clothing, etc? Instead of throwing it out, find something to make with it. There are a bunch of websites that freely give out ideas on easy arts and crafts. You could start by creating a few things, get your own website, and operate your business right from the comfort of your own home.
6. Outsourcing – This is something else that is becoming more popular as time passes by. The pay is good, and it also gives you a chance to become highly recognized without having to do a lot of advertising.
7. Online Home Business – There are seriously thousands of small business ideas you could choose. You could choose to make or sell soy candles, makeup, household cleaner, t-shirts, office equipment, greeting cards, etc. Either way, it’s something you need to think about that could possibly create a very lucrative profit.
8. Seasonal Businesses – And I’m not talking about just for one season. Something that you could do (and I am sure it would be profitable) would be to buy and sell products from distributors that are put out just for the season. Be sure that other stores such as Wal-Mart and Target do not carry the same products. Make your products 100% unique. For example, in spring, sell “spring-cleaning” products. In February, sell chocolates, and other Valentine’s Day gifts. In summer, sell school supplies, etc. People will want to buy your products because they are unique and the ideas keep changing, so it’s also very interesting!
9. Traveling Businesses – This idea is a lot like a lemonade stand. You transport your products with you and advertise your business by selling at different locations. This will help tremendously with bringing the customers to you.
10. Freelancing Business Ideas – This involves staying at home and providing your professional writing and blogging services to various clients. A great way to advertise is to create a website as well as write for other websites at discount prices to attract more clientele.
Susan Judd is an expert in the field of business. She is an excellent resource when it comes to successful small business ideas. She owns and operates several of her own small businesses and knows first hand all the details about what goes into formulating good small business ideas.