Tips For Digital Photography | By Surinder Sharma
It is easy to take good pictures but to experience the best in digital photography, here are a few tips and ideas that can make your work look not just good but excellent.
1. Focus on what kind of photography interests you. Choose a topic that you understand fully and something that is of curiosity to you. You must have sound knowledge about the subject you want to click.
2. Find a good digital camera that has all the features and characteristics required for your kind of photography. You must understand the basic needs the camera must have therefore invest into a good quality camera that assures great pictures. For example, in case you decide to take pictures for the print media, the requirement should be of a high quality camera and if it is web photography you are looking at, a normal digital cam should create the magic.
3. Familiarize with your digital camera by more and more practicing. Step into your backyard and take pictures. Try and focus on the subject and think about how you want to compose the shot. Try taking pictures from different angles and different modes. This experimentation will give you a chance to know your camera and you can then be a pro in using it professionally. You could also upload your pictures on many social websites for photographers to be shared with your contacts.
4. Consider using a tripod for better stability. Pictures taken with the use of tripod come out a lot better than free hand pictures for the simple reason that the camera is steady and you can try various angles with it. The subject can be framed into the shot easily and the balance on the tripod makes it helpful to click great photos.
5. Lighting plays a very important role in photography. There is a great difference in photos taken outdoors and indoors. Thus, you must know how to fix the lighting. Try and learn about artificial lighting and adequate brightness needed for the genuine color of the photograph. Flash is there in most cameras to support the brightness, however, in some cases it might not be sufficient. Therefore you must know how to play with false lights and get the right image.
7. Once you get expertise in the photography than it is the time to move on the business part. It is advisable to have a custom design portfolio website. As it will be your online entity and it will help you to showcase your work as well as getting future assignment.
Taking these simple steps into consideration, you can perk up your hobby of digital photography. Your work of taking brilliant pictures will be admired among friends, family and photographers and who knows you might get a chance to pursue your favourite past time as a profession.
Author is a mature wild life photographer and has vast experience in digital marketing expertise. Currently he is associated with Pixpa – an custom design portfolio website solution provider which provide portfolio website for photographers, artists and designers.